Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, October 24, 2010

6th posting: 27+3 days

Holy buckets, baby has been moving around like a maniac!  Besides me getting woken up for those wonderful monitoring sessions throughout the night, this baby has decided to do his best impression of the Alien movie inside my belly!

I feel sore and I don't know what to make of it.  My belly is not tender to the touch.  That's a good thing.  If it were, that'd be a sign that an infection was setting in.  It's probably from the lack of fluid and the baby moving around so much.  Still, gotta keep a close eye on the situation.

Other than that, it's a low-key weekend.  My oldest daughter, Ginni is sick with a fever and sore throat so my family hasn't been up for their weekly visit.  I was supposed to have visitors yesterday, but asked if we could make it another time.  Sleep deprivation is getting the best of me. Yesterday,  I was so tired I could barely speak.  That is not an exaggeration.  I'm thankful my would-be visitors were so understanding.  I have to say, it's amazing how being on bed rest affects so many things.  Besides my body resembling the muscle tone of Jabba the Hut, I've become even mentally wussy. Often times, when people come to see me, by the time they leave, I have a low-grade fever.  You know it's bad when TALKING over-exerts a person.

Today is gloomy Sunday.  I will most likely do exactly what I did yesterday.  Watch lots of TV and attempt naps.  I just hope this baby keeps hanging in there.  Every day in the womb is 3 days in the NICU.  Stay in there Baby Steffen!!!

*****
Just an update.  My family did come to see me for a half hour today.  Ginni's fever broke.  It was great seeing them.  I miss them a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment